We endorse educational and wellness programs which we believe are sound and effective. No official relationship exists with the organizations endorsed here (no partnership is actual or implied). Endorsed programs or services are considered resources that we encourage you to access and use.
- CATCH Global Foundation (https://www.catch.org/) is a 501(c)3 public charity founded in 2014 to improve children’s health worldwide by developing, disseminating, and sustaining the CATCH platform in collaboration with researchers at UTHealth. The Foundation links underserved schools and communities to the resources necessary to create and sustain healthy change for future generations.
- Kids Yoga Day (https://www.kidsyogaday.com/) is looking to break down the socioeconomic and cultural barriers of society by providing access to yoga to those who would otherwise not have the opportunity and to help prevent many conditions and challenges facing our youth and their families such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol, obesity and stress.
- Action for Healthy Kids is a public-private partnership of more than 75 organizations dedicated to promoting school health. Founded in 2002, the organization addresses the epidemic of overweight, sedentary, and undernourished youth by focusing on changes in schools to improve nutrition and increase physical activity via physical education, school gardens, and more.
- MathEngaged ( http://mathengaged.org/) is a not-for-profit under the umbrella of Cornell University. It is a program of the Durland Alternatives Library, a project partner of the Center for Transformative Action (CTA) (501(c)3) in Ithaca, NY. They are dedicated to developing programs and math camps that utilize individual learning styles, games, and natural curiosity. They have presented at the National Math Foundation’s Summer Institute in Ithaca, NY.
- Let’s Move! (www.letsmove.gov/) is a comprehensive initiative, launched by First Lady Michelle Obama, dedicated to solving the problem of obesity. Combining comprehensive strategies with common sense, Let’s Move! is about putting children on the path to a healthy future, fostering environments that support healthy choices, providing healthier foods in schools, ensuring that every family has access to healthy, affordable food, and helping children become more physically active.
- 5-2-1-0 Let’s Go! ( www.letsgo.org) is a nationally recognized childhood obesity prevention program whose goal is to increase physical activity and healthy eating for children from birth to 18 through policy and environmental change.
- North Carolina Energizers (www.eatsmartmovemorenc.com/Energizers) This statewide movement promotes increased opportunities for healthy eating and physical activity wherever the people of North Carolina live, learn, earn, play, and pray.
- SPARK (www.sparkpe.org) is a research-based organization of San Diego State University Research Foundation that strives to improve the health of children, adolescents, and adults by disseminating evidence-based Physical Education, After School, Early Childhood, and Coordinated School Health programs to teachers and recreation leaders serving Pre-K through 12th grade.
- Math In Your Feet (www.mathinyourfeet.com ) is an integration of percussive dance and mathematics that leads students through the process of creating their own dance patterns while increasing their understanding of math topics such as congruence, symmetry, transformation, angles and degrees, attributes, categorical variables, manipulation and analysis of complex patterns, mapping on a coordinate grid, and mathematical practices and problem-solving.